How a nightguard from your dentists in Chicago Loop, IL, can protect your teeth and save your smile
Do you find yourself clenching your teeth from stress? Do you wake up with sore jaws and teeth because you’ve been grinding your teeth at night? If this sounds like you, you could benefit from a nightguard. A night guard will protect your teeth and cushion your jaws.
Dr. Richard DiVerde and Dr. Mary Struziak at DiVerde Dental Studio in Chicago Loop, IL, offer comprehensive dental care, including providing night guards. They can help protect your teeth and save your smile.
Grinding and clenching have several signs and symptoms for you to look out for. You could be grinding and clenching if you:
- Have jaw pain that radiates into your face or head
- Experience frequent throbbing and aching in your teeth
- Feel jaw tightness and stiffness in the morning
- See tooth wear and feel cold sensitivity in your teeth
If you think you are grinding and clenching, you need to visit your dentist as soon as you can. Grinding and clenching can cause jaw and teeth issues like these:
- Increasing jaw pain, which can lead to problems with your TMJ
- Moderate to severe tooth wear, which can lead to the need for dental restorations
- Severe tooth stress, which can lead to the need for root canal therapy
Your dentist can provide a custom-fit nightguard that is made from a model of your teeth. The night guard will fit your teeth exactly. When you clench and grind, you will be grinding the night guard, instead of your teeth. The night guard cushions and protects your teeth and jaws from damage.
To learn more about how you can benefit from a nightguard, talk with the experts. Call Dr. Richard DiVerde and Dr. Mary Struziak of DiVerde Dental Studio in Chicago Loop, IL, at (312) 263-7822. Call now and protect your teeth and your smile!